Arsenic-loving bacteria may help in hunt for alien life: BBC News article [03 Nov 2010]: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11886943
Alien hunters 'should look for artificial intelligence' .[20 Aug 2010] A senior astronomer has said that the hunt for alien life should take into account alien "sentient machines". www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11041449
The UK's Royal Society host event on "Towards a scientific and societal agenda on extra-terrestrial life" : http://royalsociety.org/extra-terrestrial-life/
The 2nd IAA Symposium on Search for Life Signature was held at the The Kavli Royal Society International Centre, Chicheley Hall, Chicheley, near Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire MK16 9JJ in October 2010.
Media appearances include:
TV and Radio appearances regarding SETI research: 2010
- BBC World News [GMT]
- BBC News 24
- BBC radio 4 [Today program]
- BBC World [radio] Service - Science In Action
- BBC Radio 5live
- BBC Leeds
- BBC Wales News
Some previous articles:
- Sir Arthur C Clarke dies: click here for Dr Elliott's personal memories and thoughts; also, see BBC obituary here.
- Earth-like planet that supports life could be circling Sun's nearest neighbour: see article.
- New Scientist article and subsequent media interest on ET language research by Dr John Elliott: e.g. BBC Radio; Daily Telegraph; YEP; Discovery Channel; Russian Science Magazine; Edinburgh “Talk107” radio; BBC World: Science Café;
- TV interview at Jodrell Bank Observatory for the new series of Jane Goldman Investigates...The Dark Side, where she looks at the unexplained. This program - the first in her new series called 'Aliens' - looks at the search for ET and the science behind it. The program was televised on Living TV at 10.30pm 12/10/04 and includes Prof. Ian Morrison from the observatory.
- TV and Radio appearances regarding my research:
- TV interview at Jodrell Bank Observatory documentary series, Jane Goldman Investigates...The Dark Side. The program was televised on Living TV at 10.30pm 12/10/04 and includes Prof. Ian Morrison from the observatory;
- Radio America: a program was dedicated to my research activities with SETI and the science behind my algorithms and mathematical models. The program was broadcast via three satellites for over 400 affiliates.
- Radio Netherlands: An interview regarding my research on a weekly scientific program entitled, the Research File.
- Evening Post: Article (Front page links) on my research;
- Leeds Reporter: Article on my research;
- Leeds Student: Article (front page) on my research;